New Vision Church (San Jose, CA) is seeking Pastor of Children’s Ministries to join our children ministry team. The Children’s Pastor provides direction and oversight for the entire children ministry at New Vision Church (infant – 5th grade). New Vision Church offers full children’s programming for two services on Sunday mornings, currently averaging 180 children in each service, and AWANA on Friday evenings, currently averaging 120 children.
The Children’s Pastor provides leadership, training, support and oversight to all Children’s Ministry staff, including a part-time lower Elementary Director (grades 1-2), part-time Kindergarten Director (3-5 years), part-time Nursery Director (infant – 2 years), AWANA Coordinator (aka AWANA Commander) and numerous student and adult volunteer workers. This position is also directly responsible for all upper Elementary Ministries (grades 3-5). The Children’s Pastor works closely with the Senior Pastor and is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
NEW VISION CHURCH COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
* Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of New Vision Church.
* Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
* Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
* Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
* Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.
* Provide vision, strategy, & development for all Children’s Ministry environments (birth – 5th grade).
* Provide leadership, direction and training for all Children’s Ministry Staff (currently Part-time Nursery, Kindergarten, and lower Elementary Directors).
* Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curriculums for the Large Group/Small Group teaching environments (3 years – 5th grade).
* Direct oversight of all upper Elementary Ministries (grades 3-5).
* Recruit and oversee all upper Elementary Ministries volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
* Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic upper Elementary learning environments.
* Oversee childcare for Community Ministries and all-church events as directed including, but not limited to, productions, annual Meeting, Family Ministry seminars, Christmas Eve.
* Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
* Meets regularly with the Senior Pastor to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
* Reports to the Senior Pastor.
* Supervises and directs Children’s Ministry staff.
* Receives support from peers on Community ministry team.
* Receives consistent leadership training from the Senior Pastor.
* Works closely with all areas of ministries within New Vision Church.
* Have passion and heart for children and their families
* Fluent in English (Being bi-lingual with Korean will be counted as strength)
* Master of Divinity or equivalent from an accredited seminary
* Two years of children ministry experience is preferred
APPLY & SUBMIT:
To apply, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Three references (at least one pastoral reference)
3. Personal testimony
4. Statement of faith and philosophy of ministry
5. Sample sermon
6. Copy of diploma or proof of enrollment in accredited seminary.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com