CROSSWALK : FULL-TIME PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
We are currently seeking a full-time pastor for Crosswalk.
Crosswalk is the English-speaking congregation of IN2 Onnuri Community Church (“IN2”) in Manhattan, located opposite of New York Penn Station. On any given Sunday, there are more than 1,000 people that come together for worship across all congregations (Korean-speaking adults, young adults, college students and Crosswalk).
In a city with diverse people, culture and worldly success, IN2 was planted in the heart of Manhattan as a vision church of South Korea’s Onnuri Church to reach the lost. Founded in 2005, the name and meaning of IN2 was derived from two Bible verses, Matthew 11:28 and Matthew 28:18-20, standing for “Come IN2 Jesus, Go IN2 the world”.
BACKGROUND AND VALUES
IN2 carries on the original Onnuri vision of Acts 29: To be a church moved by the gospel and to write Acts 29 actively through our lives in faithful continuation of Acts 28. We believe in a biblical and Christ-centered community with three existential values:
- Worship – to offer living and dynamic worship to God
- Holy Spirit – to bear fruit through being filled with the Holy Spirit
- Missions – to effectively spread the gospel, obedient to the Great Commission
Our core practices stemming from our Onnuri roots include daily quiet time, one to one discipleship, small group community and outreach/missions.
Crosswalk currently comprises of mostly Asian-Americans, including families with children, older and young professionals, and college and graduate students coming from across the tri-state area. With over 100 Crosswalk members today, we are looking to accelerate growth of this congregation within IN2 while fulfilling our Acts 29 vision for New York City, the nation and abroad.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a shepherd, the full-time Crosswalk pastor will be primarily responsible for:
- Preaching for Crosswalk
- Teaching, discipleship, spiritual development and counseling for members of Crosswalk
- Oversee all ministry areas of Crosswalk including evangelism, outreach, missions, worship and small groups; lead and equipping lay leaders for ministries (within the broader umbrella of IN2 with collaboration with other IN2 pastors)
- Strategic planning and budget development for Crosswalk
LINKS AND SOCIAL MEDIA
– Crosswalk website: http://www.in2crosswalk.org
– Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/In2Crosswalk
– IN2 home page: http://vision.onnuri.org/in2/ (in Korean)
- Master of Divinity from an accredited seminary
- Minimum of 3 years of related, ordained ministry experience in diverse settings beyond children/youth group ministries
- Eligible to work in the U.S. (potential visa sponsorship available)
- 2 year commitment
- Korean language skills preferred but not required
– Salary, stipends, and benefits:
- Commensurate with experience
– Reports to:
- IN2 Senior Pastor Sanghyun Shim and IN2 Vision Board
– Additional part-time personnel staffing support/resources are available
– Application document requirements:
- Cover letter (including a statement of faith and ministry vision)
- Resume (including 3 references)
- Recommendation letter
- Recent sermon video and sermon transcript
- Copy of Master of Divinity degree and other degrees
- Copy of photo ID
– Please submit applications and questions to:
- We will review applications as they are received
To apply for this job email your details to HR@in2church.org