Open Door Community Church strives to be a community of disciple-making disciples of Jesus Christ who know him and make him known to the glory of God.
Discipleship is at the center of our church where the goal is to raise up disciples of Christ in their conviction of the Gospel and Christ-like character so that by God’s grace, they can thereby raise up other disciples.
We are a mid-sized primarily Asian American congregation, though our doors are open to all. Located in Los Angeles, we are also connected to LA Open Door Presbyterian church which is a Korean-speaking church.
College is an extremely important time not only because their worldview is being shaped, but also because the nations are literally coming to us in the form of international students.
The College Pastor will be responsible for leading and overseeing the college ministry of Open Door Community Church. We have a thriving college ministry with students coming primarily from USC and UCLA as well as other surrounding community colleges. This area of ministry will stress discipleship of current students to make disciples on their college campuses. This includes identifying and training student and adult leaders, regular preaching, and developing a culture of discipleship.
- Proven track record in ministry
- Passionate about and gifted in vision casting and leadership development
- Excellent written and verbal skills, able to communicate vision, and able to inspire leaders
- Dependable, flexible, humble, and has a good sense of humor
- Has a servant attitude and is willing to do any job
- Theologically and philosophically aligned with ODCC leadership
- Fulfills the character qualifications of an elder in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Completed or near completion of M.Div. at an evangelical seminary
- Leading Weekly Friday College Gathering
- Equip college students with the Word of God through Friday night bible studies.
- Develop a healthy and biblical community for collegians through small groups, mentoring, and retreats.
- Intentionally develop college aged student leaders through training and ministry empowerment.
- Meet with them even during the week
- Lead Student Leadership Team
- Recruit adult mentors
- Coordinate single adult and married volunteers who serve in the college ministry as mentors, small group leaders and staff.
- Integrate fully as a member of ODCC
- Assist with Sunday worship by presiding, communion service, and occasional preaching.
- Schedule: Tuesday – Friday, Sunday
- Hours: Average weekly hours: 20+ hours per week with an option for 40+ after a 6-month period
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com