Please submit all materials to Please submit all materials listed below via email to JobsYG@odpcec.org with
the subject heading, “Youth Associate Pastor.”
PURPOSE/MISSION OF THE POSITION: The Youth Associate Pastor will be part of a youth ministry team with a focus on fellowship, welcoming, missions, and worship aspects of the youth group. The candidate will especially direct his/her time to caring for adult volunteer teachers/small group leaders, as well as fostering a community and fellowship among both the adult/student volunteers. This will be a role where one will have to work in tandem with the youth pastors who are currently serving and assisting, as needed.
UNIQUENESS OF THE ROLE: This is a unique ministry opportunity where you are working with multiple generations and multiple cultures. It is critical that the incoming candidate can develop healthy relationships not only with our youth, their parents, adult volunteers/teachers but also with our Korean-speaking and English-speaking congregations’ leaderships.
● Preaching on a rotational basis
● Developing and implementing a system of shepherding (recruiting, training, assessing, and supporting)
new and current volunteer staff to serve joyfully for the long term in the youth ministry
● Developing and implementing a system of integrating newcomers into the body-at-large
● Teaching/training and care of the volunteer teachers and staff
● Helping lead Friday night events and activities
● Getting to know youth and families (home visits, sporting events, graduations, etc.)
● Planning and preparing for the summer and winter retreats
● Overseeing and executing fellowship and outreach events
● Engaging and improving social media presence (Facebook, Instagram, and website)
● Attending weekly staff meetings
● Able to work alongside and communicate with Parents.
● Other duties as needed
● Clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
● A deep-seated heart for youth ministry
● Graduate of an accredited seminary
● Minimum 1-3 years of experience of youth ministry is preferred but not required
● Proficient in computer and smartphone usage
● Administrative skills and working knowledge of MS Office Suite/Google Drive, etc.
● Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through verbal and written means
MATERIALS FOR SUBMISSION (to begin process):
● Youth ministry experience and philosophy (1-2 pages)
● 2 sermons (audio or video files)
To apply for this job email your details to JobsYG@odpcec.org