QPEM (Queens Presbyterian English Ministry) is the English speaking congregation of the Korean American Presbyterian Church of Queens in Flushing, NY, a multi-congregational church with four congregations worshipping in English, Korean, Chinese and Russian. We have over 2,200 worshippers and over 500 children attending on Sundays.
We (QPEM) are a vibrant, growing congregation (150 regularly attending adults, 50+ children) with a healthy mix of families & couples, young adults and college students. We are blessed with 4 Elders, 32 Deacons and financial autonomy. We are a church and community rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, grounded in God’s Word, steadfast in prayer, devoted to fellowship, active in evangelism, and committed to making disciples of Jesus Christ. (www.qpem.org)
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Worship & College Pastor to join in the transformative work God is doing at our church. This position will fall under the leadership of our Lead EM Pastor, Rev. Peter Kim.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities include:
1. Oversee/lead the Praise & Worship Ministry.
· Lead weekly praise during Sunday worship & Prayer Nights.
· Coordinate with Lead Pastor to plan out the worship services.
· Train and empower worship team members to grow spiritually and musically.
· Attend worship conferences and training seminars to grow as a Worship Pastor/team.
· Oversee and plan the yearly budget for the praise & worship ministry.
2. Lead weekly College Ministry. (60+ students/15 regularly attending)
· Oversee and lead the college ministry curriculum/study.
· Plan and coordinate college ministry activities and events (annual retreat).
· Engage with the students in building genuine relationships and fostering a Christ-centered spiritual community (campus visits, on campus bible studies, etc.).
· Oversee and plan the yearly budget for the college ministry.
1. Assist Lead Pastor in various ministry tasks.
· Preaching (occasional), Discipleship, Evangelism, Prayer Nights, etc.
2. Assist in the administrative duties of the ministry.
1. A Gospel driven heart to shepherd, nurture and care after the members.
2. Able to communicate well with college students.
3. Good organizational skills with a teachable heart.
4. The candidate must either be attending or graduated from an accredited evangelical seminary.
Application document requirements:
1. Resume (including 2 references), and a photo of self (and family if married)
2. Personal statement of faith
3. Bio (spiritual & personal upbringing)
4. Recent video or audio of leading worship
The salary and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit application and questions to:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com