QPEM: FULL-TIME PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
QPEM (Queens Presbyterian English Ministry) is the English speaking congregation of the Korean American Presbyterian Church of Queens in Flushing, NY. We are a growing congregation (160 regularly attending adults, 50 children) with a healthy mix of families & couples, young adults and college students. We are blessed with 2 Elders, 32 Deacons and financial autonomy.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time English Ministry Assistant Pastor to join in the transformative work God is doing at our church. This position will fall under the leadership of our Lead EM Pastor, Rev. Peter Kim.
The primary responsibilities include:
1. Assist Lead Pastor in various ministry tasks.
- Preaching (occasional), Discipleship, Bible Studies, Evangelism, Prayer Nights, etc.
2. Lead weekly College Ministry. (60+ students/15 regularly attending)
- Oversee and lead college ministry curriculum/study.
- Plan and coordinate college ministry activities and events (retreats).
- Engage with the students in building genuine relationships and fostering a Christ-centered spiritual community (campus visits, on campus bible studies, etc.).
- Oversee and plan the yearly budget for the college ministry.
Secondary responsibilities (contingent upon experience and spiritual gifts):
1. Oversee the Young Adult Ministry. (60+ members)
- Plan and coordinate young adult ministry activities and events (retreats).
2. Oversee/lead the Praise & Worship Ministry.
- Train and empower worship team members to grow spiritually and musically.
The qualifications for the position are:
- A Gospel driven heart to shepherd, nurture and care after the students and members.
- Able to communicate well with college students.
- Good organizational skills with a teachable heart.
- The candidate must either be attending or graduated from an accredited evangelical seminary.
- Valid driver’s license.
If you are interested in the position, please submit the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resume (with 2 references)
- Personal statement of faith
- Bio (spiritual & personal upbringing)
The salary and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please feel free to contact Elder Symong Choi or Deacon Jane Choe if you have any questions.
- Symong Choi, Elder (email@example.com)
- Jane Choe, Deacon overseeing College Ministry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– QPEM website: http://www.qpem.org
– Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/QPEMnyc
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com