Redeeming Grace Church
Redeeming Grace Church (RGC) is a theologically conservative church located in the northern Chicago suburbs. We are a smaller yet stable congregation primarily comprised of English speaking Asian Americans that seeks to testify to God’s redeeming grace to the world.
Overview of Position
RGC is seeking a dedicated discipler to serve as FT youth/assistant pastor to oversee all aspects of our developing ministry for grades 6-12. Our youth group is presently smaller in numbers but anticipate growth over the next couple of years (including internally). Primary responsibilities will include discipleship of the youth and development & coordination of programs alongside leadership and volunteer leaders from the congregation. Additional responsibilities will include occasional preaching during Sunday worship service and ministry related administrative tasks.
· Pastoral care of the youth students and leaders.
· Assume the role of primary teacher for the youth ministry.
· Recruit, train, and mobilize a ministry team.
· Coordinate Friday night youth gatherings and Sunday worship programs
· Implement and develop a youth curriculum
· Organize volunteer schedules and plan group events.
· Participate in weekly staff meetings.
· Effectively communicate and relate to the parents of youth.
· Maintain open communication with church staff and leadership
· Preach in the Sunday worship about 2 times per quarter and when requested.
· Perform church ministry related administrative and office management tasks.
• Meets the biblical qualifications for church leadership – 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5.
• Graduate of or currently enrolled in the latter stages of a Christian ministerial/theological program.
• Has experience working and leading youth in a local church environment.
• Possesses commitment to a team approach of ministry including encouraging and developing team members and willingness to submit to church authority.
• Preaches and teaches God’s Word in a way that is Biblical and effective
• Able to create, organize, and implement a vision and strategy for youth ministry including Bible teaching, mission trips, and social events
Salary & benefits
· Health benefits available
Please submit letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com