Restoration Community Church first opened its doors in September 2010. We are a non-denominational church located in the heart of Naperville, IL. At present, we have approximately 170 people in our congregation, primarily comprised of young families. The vision of our church is to be a “Gospel Community on Mission.” Our church aspires to be a transformative presence in the Naperville area, driven and motivated by a deepening relationship with Jesus Christ. As God restores the hearts, minds, and souls of the people in our church, we are aiming to recognize and live out our call to help bring restoration to the lives of those around us.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Executive Pastor provides immediate oversight to organization: planning, directing and evaluating the ministries of the church. This person is the point person for creating, developing and coordinating the direction of the church ministries. The “XP” provides oversight and accountability to ensure church and ministry goals are accomplished so that communication, harmony, and faithfulness to the vision is successful. This organizational shepherd will work directly with the staff to ensure alignment with the mission of the church, coordination with other areas of ministry, and to ensure the appropriate measures of support (pastoral, budgetary, communication) are maintained for a fruitful and cohesive ministry.
- Overseeing church operations.
- Scheduling and leading staff meetings (once a month).
- Guiding and improving interactions between pastors, elders, deacons and other staff members.
- Collaborating with pastors and elders regarding ministry administration, and implementation of mission and vision of the church.
- Overseeing human resources operations, in conjunction with the Elder Board, in terms of evaluation, expectations, hiring, reposition, and transitions of the staff.
- Overseeing annual budget process.
- Overseeing financial, budget and fundraising operations.
- Reviewing, creating and implementing policies and procedures to ensure effective operation of the church.
- Preach at Sunday worship services approximately once a quarter.
- Provide pastoral care to individuals, families, and groups.
- Educational/Experiential: Master’s of Divinity or equivalent required. 5+ years of pastoral and church ministry experience, specifically in working with vision and strategy, leadership development, evaluation and assessment, organizational implementation, and pastoral care. Previous experience in an institutional, organizational role is preferred.
- Administrative: Professional and capable management, administrative, and leadership skills. Outstanding organizational skills. Excellent problem-solving skills. Word processing, email, and internet proficiency is essential. Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of current church software.
- Strategic Thinking: Creativity in implementing our church’s vision, mission, and values. Proven ability to organize theoretical ideas into actionable and measurable processes. Wise decision making regarding human and financial resources in a constantly growing church.
- Leadership: Demonstrated leadership skills as outlined in the Bible. Exhibits modesty, integrity and love. Ability to lead, motivate, and support teams to accomplish tasks and goals.
- Communication/Teaching: Highly relevant and relational preaching style. Ability to communicate spiritual truth in compelling and transformative ways to non-Christian guests, new believers, and maturing Christians. Cooperative and collaborative personality enabling effective teamwork in a preaching rotation. Biblical and theological positions and expressions, in alignment with the Elder Board and Senior Pastor
- Pastoral Care:
- 1 Peter 5:2-3: Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.”
- Ezekiel 34:14: “I will tend them in a good pasture, and the mountain heights of Israel will be their grazing land. There they will lie down in good grazing land, and there they will feed in a rich pasture on the mountains of Israel.”
- John 10:27: “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org