GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Youth Pastor will work together with the staff and elder board to create and implement a philosophy of ministry and strategy for shepherding the congregation, with particular focus on the youth group ministry consisting of junior high and high school students (grades 6-12).
- Serve as the primary preacher and teacher and provide pastoral and spiritual leadership for the Restoration Community Church Youth Group (RCCYG).
- Plan and implement a teaching ministry for Friday Night Youth Group meetings that will expose the students to the “whole counsel of God”.
- Invest in the lives of students outside of church events on a routine basis.
- Build a team of volunteers to reinforce leadership, teaching, and shepherding duties.
- Play an integral role in outreach and missional efforts of the church through planning and training.
- Prepare and provide guidance to youth group students expressing an interest in receiving baptism or confirmation of faith.
- Communicate and update youth group parents regularly.
- Communicate with the team of volunteers on a consistent basis to train, plan, evaluate.
- Set and manage the annual youth group ministry budget.
- Occasionally preach during Sunday worship service for all RCC congregation members.
- Assist the pastoral staff in providing teaching to families, with special emphasis on developmental issues and parenting.
- Attend monthly RCC staff meetings.
- Attend quarterly vision meetings.
- Model an authentic, humble, and active faith as a response to God’s grace.
- A heart to serve youth and their families.
- Play an integral role in living the church’s mission of serving the community of Naperville through outreach, planning, and training.
- Member of the church and supportive of the vision and strategic framework of the church
Strong communication skills.
- Bachelor degree in ministry or similar field or equivalent experience required.
- Master of Divinity or similar graduate degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience teaching and educating youth children (grades 6-12) preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org