Description of Role: The Youth Pastor will work together with the staff and elder board to create and implement a philosophy of ministry and strategy for shepherding the congregation, with particular focus on the youth group ministry consisting of junior high and high school students (grades 6-12).
Church Overview: Restoration Community Church (RCC) first opened its doors in September 2010. We are a non-denominational church located in the heart of Naperville, IL. At present, we have approximately 170 people in our congregation, primarily comprised of young families. The vision of our church is to be a “Gospel Community on Mission.” Our church aspires to be a transformative presence in the Naperville area, driven and motivated by a deepening relationship with Jesus Christ. As God restores the hearts, minds, and souls of the people in our church, we are aiming to recognize and live out our call to help bring restoration to the lives of those around us.
- Serve as the primary preacher and teacher and provide pastoral and spiritual leadership for the Restoration Community Church Youth Group (RCCYG).
- Plan and implement a teaching ministry for Friday Night Youth Group meetings that will expose the students to the “whole counsel of God”.
- Invest in the lives of students outside of church events on a routine basis.
- Build a team of volunteers to reinforce leadership, teaching, and shepherding duties.
- Play an integral role in outreach and missional efforts of the church through planning and training.
- Prepare and provide guidance to youth group students expressing an interest in receiving baptism or confirmation of faith.
- Communicate and update youth group parents regularly.
- Communicate with the team of volunteers on a consistent basis to train, plan and evaluate.
- Set and manage the annual youth group ministry budget.
- Occasionally preach during Sunday worship service for all RCC congregation members.
- Assist the pastoral staff in providing teaching to families, with special emphasis on developmental issues and parenting.
- Attend monthly RCC staff meetings.
- Attend quarterly vision meetings.
- Model an authentic, humble, and active faith as a response to God’s grace.
- A heart to serve youth and their families.
- Play an integral role in living the church’s mission of serving the community of Naperville through outreach, planning and training.
- Member of the church and supportive of the vision and strategic framework of the church.
- Strong communication skills.
- Bachelor degree in ministry or similar field or equivalent experience required.
- Master of Divinity or similar graduate degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience teaching and educating youth children (grades 6-12) preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com