Description of Role: Manage and oversee all aspects of the RCC Children’s Ministry (newborn – 5th grade).
Church Overview: Restoration Community Church first opened its doors in September 2010. We are a non- denominational church located in the heart of Naperville, IL. We currently have approximately 140 congregation members, primarily comprised of young families, and we are continuing to grow. The vision of our church is to be a “Gospel Community on Mission.” Our church aspires to be a transformative presence in the Naperville area, driven and motivated by a deepening relationship with Jesus Christ. As God restores the hearts, minds, and souls of the people in our church, we are aiming to recognize and live out our call to help bring restoration to the lives of those around us.
- Provide spiritual and educational leadership to RCC Children’s Ministry.
- Serve as the primary teacher for the RCC Children’s Ministry.
- Serve as an advocate, role model, and spiritual mentor for children.
- Ensure a safe environment for RCC Children’s Ministry physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Develop, research, and modify the Children’s Ministry curriculum as needed.
- Regularly attend conferences, seminars, lectures, etc. to enhance Children’s Ministry experience.
- Lead, manage, and support all RCC Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Oversee the planning and leading of RCC Children’s Ministry worship services.
Meetings and Communication
- Attend all monthly staff meetings and other leadership meetings if necessary.
- Communicate with parents on a quarterly basis through a newsletter or other communication tools.
- Schedule the Children’s Ministry annual calendar (coordinate with elder board).
- Manage all aspects of the Children’s Ministry budget.
- Coordinate the volunteer schedule in conjunction with the church administrator and pastoral staff.
- Work with RCC website manager to update and maintain Children’s Ministry website content.
- Responsible for purchasing, maintaining and cataloguing all children’s ministry supplies.
- Coordinate and organize all children’s special activities.
- BA or MA in Christian Education, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience working in Children’s Ministry.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org