YOUTH PASTOR POSITION
We are 5-year old church that is vibrant, spiritually alive, and touching people’s lives. We are looking for someone who has a life-long passion and calling for youth ministry (including having a heart for youth with special needs). We desire someone with the genuine love and the drive to lead this crucial ministry in excellence. We believe in a church culture of biblical love, excellence, and honor and are seeking someone who shares this same heart of revival and for God’s youth. This paid Part-Time youth pastor position (15 hours) can eventually extend into a half-time or even a full-time position as the need and growth may necessitate.
Our church vision statement is: “To bring revival to our city, our communities, our nation, and the nations by the power of the gospel.”
Our church mission motto is: “Saving the lost, awakening the saved, healing the hurting!”
– Provide vision and oversight of the UPRISE rYouth Ministry (sixth through 12th grades), with the goal of providing excellent youth pastoral care and age-appropriate programs and activities and of being supportive and congruent to Revival Church’s vision, mission, and core values.
– Provide loving pastoral/shepherding care by pastoral visits to students, and regular effective communication with youth.
– Build strong pastor-student relationships so that the youth feel spiritually cared for, led, and fed.
– Foster great relations with volunteers and parents.
– Proactively recruit, equip, and coach youth ministry volunteer teachers, leaders, and workers.
– Handle all logistical aspects of the youth ministry, including scheduling, coordinating, and promoting of youth ministry events (including retreats, fellowship activities, community & social justice events, etc.).
– Effectively manage the youth ministry budget.
– Coordinate and insure background checks are completed for each youth ministry volunteer.
– Teach and lead Bible studies every Sunday to our youth.
– Lead a Discipleship Training (DT) and eventually a Leadership Training (LT) to disciple and mentor our youth.
– Select, plan, and prepare the weekly youth ministry Sunday curriculum.
STAFF & CHURCH MEMBER:
– Attend all staff and ministry leaders meetings and contribute to the unity amongst staff and the congregation.
– Attend, support, and participate in all church-wide events, programs, and activities.
– Become and be an active, faithfully participating church member in the church congregation family—via faithfully attending a church small group, appropriate life-stage ministry, and appropriate men’s or women’s ministries.
– Be present and intentionally reach out and welcome newcomers every Sunday.
– Coordinate youth baptisms and insure interviews by appropriate church leadership.
– Adhere to the church’s beliefs, policies, and guidelines for hired staff, behavior, work hours, work ethics, and level of professionalism and excellence.
– Maintain and nurture a continually growing relationship and intimacy with Christ for spiritual power, effectiveness, character, growth, and fruitfulness.
– A born-again Christian with an affable personality, an energetic, positive faith, and capable of developing positive relationships.
– Highest godly character and integrity.
– A life-long passion and calling for youth and youth ministry.
– Some experience in youth ministry.
– A teachable, humble spirit and ability to work with others and prevent & resolve conflict.
– Completion of an undergraduate degree and studying or about to study toward the completion of a seminary graduate degree.
– The ability and willingness to cast and implement a vibrant youth ministry vision that supports the overall Vision, Mission, and Core Values of Revival Church.
– Giftedness in teaching and communication, leadership skills, and good proficiency in administration.
– Creative, organized, proactive, and self-motivated/driven; able to work with little supervision yet able to work effectively with teams of volunteers and peers.
– Ability and willingness to submit to appropriate church leadership and to work well with staff and peers (team player).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com