Church Information: A mid-large sized Korean-American church located in Sacramento, California, we are a gospel focused/centered church that was founded in 1977 and is part of the KPCA denomination. The adult KM congregation has around 500 adults with the Education Department having around 130 students ranging from Pre-K to High School Seniors (12th grade). There is also an English Ministry congregation of around 50 adults. The education department is broken up into the following ministries: Pre-K Toddlers, Kindergarten, Elementary (1st.- 6th grade), and Youth Group (Jr. High/High School)
We are a growing church that is in need of a Children’s Ministry Pastor to lead the Pre-K – 6th Grade students.
More information about Sacramento:
- Affordable housing (great place to raise a family), great schools (UC Davis, Sacramento State), recreational activities along two major rivers, proximity to the Sierra Nevada mountains and the Bay area make Sacramento one of California’s most desirable places to live, work and raise a family
- Sacramento is close to many famous destinations: Lake Tahoe, San Francisco/San Jose/Greater Bay Area, Napa Valley vineyards, and the beautiful sights of Yosemite National Park
Position: Children’s Ministry Pastor (Pre-K to 6th Grade)
- Responsible for the spiritual growth of the students in the Children’s Ministry (Pre-K to 6th Grade)
- Oversee and lead/plan weekly Children’s Ministry Service /Sunday School on Sundays (Preaching sermons, coordinating praise/worship, and preparing Bible studies)
- Develop and implement Gospel-centered curriculum/programs
- Develop and implement a vision for the Children’s ministry with short and long term goals
- Recruit, teach and lead teaching staff to be equipped in teaching and nurturing the spiritual growth of the students
- Plan and lead annual events i.e. Vacation Bible School (VBS), Christmas Presentation, Easter Activities, etc.
- Attend monthly pastoral staff meetings and hold parent teacher (PTA) meetings as needed
- Seminary Student (currently in school or graduated with Master’s degree in Theology)
- At least 2 years previous experience in serving or leading Pre-K – Elementary ministry
- Fluent in English (fluency in Korean is a plus, but not required as we are a Korean American Church)
Salary: $1,500 to $2,000/month commensurate with experience. Although this is a part-time position we are considerate of the candidate’s current needs/situations.
Application Instructions: If interested, please send your resume (please include at least three references) to:
Richard Chung, Education Pastor – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com