Santa Clara Korean United Methodist Church is looking for a Youth pastor or a director in charge of youth faith education. Recognizing the importance of second-generation education, this church is strongly supporting Children and Youth ministry. We have a Youth pastor who is directing the whole Youth ministry but considering the large number of students who will be promoted to Youth from next year and the developmental characteristics of youth, we are looking for a pastor or a lay director in charge of Jr. High ministry (6th – 8th, about 20 students).
* Shepherding the students in Sunday worship services and Friday night youth fellowship/Bible studies
* Caring, encouraging, and counseling students
* Communicating with the parents regarding their children’s spiritual progress and youth ministry
* Organizing annual events like Youth retreats, Christmas presentations, etc., (coordinating with the pastoral staff, volunteer teachers, and PTA when necessary
* Working with a current youth pastor and a committee chair as a team under the supervision of the senior pastor
*Be a believer and disciple of Jesus Christ
*Have a seminary degree, be currently enrolled in an accredited theological seminar, or a lay person who has passion and vision for youth ministry
*Ministry experience and Korean language is a plus but not absolutely required.
Workload and Compensation:
*Workload: Half-time (20 hours/week)
*Days to work: Sunday, Friday night, and other days as needed for Youth events
*$2,250/month + Ministry expense
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org