Position: Community Life Pastor
Hours: Full Time (+40 hrs/weekly)
Size: Weekly Attendance 500
Church: New Life Fellowship 3700 Monte Villa Pkwy, Bothell WA 98021 | www.seattlenewlife.org
ABOUT THE CHURCH
New Life Fellowship is the growing and thriving English Ministry of Community Church of Seattle (Hyungjae Church). Located in the suburbs of Seattle, New Life Fellowship attracts many who move from out of state to the expanding city. Due to the growing tech industry, such as Amazon and Microsoft, Seattle has become a hub for people all around our nation. Our mission is to expand God’s Kingdom by making disciples of Christ that make disciples. We embody this through three values: worship, mission and community groups. Our vision is to plant campuses in the heart of Seattle and to surrounding cities that need the love of Christ.
We are looking for someone who is relational, administrative, and able to discover, develop and multiply new leaders. This pastor is passionate about small groups ministry and believes that one of the most important aspects of discipleship is community groups and developing a pathway for plugging people into small groups. The Community Life Pastor’s primary responsibility is to grow the community groups ministry at New Life Fellowship by multiplying leaders and plugging newcomers into groups. In essence, the Community Life Pastor will be in charge of our Welcoming Ministry as well as our Community Groups Ministry. They will seek ways to sharpen our welcoming ministry so that we identify the maximum number of newcomers while seeking to deepen our Community Group ministry.
- Gospel-Centered: The Gospel is the a-z of faith. Not the abcs.
- Simplicity: We believe in doing a few things well rather than doing many things poorly.
- Devotion over Duty: We desire pastors who do ministry out of a love for Jesus versus because it’s simply a job.
- Missional: We are not a country club. Our passion is to reach the lost. We believe that we feed the insiders by focusing on the outsider.
- Prayer: A church that does not pray is a dying church.
- Passion: We desire pastors who have a passion for ministry and a desire to grow in their ministerial skills.
- Interdependence: We are unapologetically connected and supportive of our Korean parent church.
- Identify relationally and spiritually warm individuals to become future community group leaders.
- Train new community group leaders as well as existing leaders.
- Develop and implement a system that evaluates community groups based on the vision and values of New Life Fellowship.
- Encourage community group leaders by providing support for Community Group leaders.
- Write Community Group discussion questions that help members to read scripture while applying the sermon to their lives.
- Shepherd, develop, and grow the core team of Community Group coaches.
- Create and maintain an attendance log of all community groups.
- Goal for Community Groups: Plug 85% of our church into Community Groups.
- Team player that contributes and works with other NLF staff, volunteers, and is willing to put aside personal agendas for the sake of the larger vision of the church.
- Identify new welcoming team members and equip them.
- Adapt a welcoming system that is able to identify and plug newcomers into New Life.
- Goal for Welcoming: raise the amount of newcomers identified annually by 10%
- To be present at all weekend services (excluding vacations).
- To preach on occasion for our Large Sunday Gathering.
- To be above reproach (Titus 1:6-9, 1 Tim. 3:2).
- To maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- To contribute to the cause and mission of NLF via offering/tithe.
- To attend weekly staff meetings unless sick, out of town or on vacation.
- To be in agreement with New Life’s constitution and by-laws.
- To adhere to the Westminster Confession of Faith.
- Over 2 years of full-time experience as a small groups pastor or equivalent experience
- M. Div or equivalent degree from a seminary
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Resume with 3 references
- Sermon Clip
*Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000/year based on experience; benefits include health/dental, technology, discounted childcare and elementary school tuition (www.ucicschool.org).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org