The English Ministry of Southern Korean Presbyterian Church (SKPC) is an evangelical reformed church within the Associate Reformed Presbytery (ARP) located in Charlotte, NC. We are a church that seeks to honor Christ through faithful preaching and teaching of the Word, faithful administration of the sacraments, equipping and sanctification of the saints, and evangelism to the lost. Our English-speaking congregation consists of 40+ members including families, young adults, and college. We are prayerfully seeking a full-time EM Pastor who can call SKPC home.
- Candidates must have obtained a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary with previous pastoral experience.
- He must have the qualities of biblical eldership as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- He must have sincere agape love for the flock (1 Thess 2:7-8; 5:14), not only through the preaching of the Word, but also by his personal growth in Godly character and integrity (Gal 5:22-23). He must strive to live an exemplary life of sanctification and faithfulness to the ministry God calls him to (1 Cor 11:1).
- He must also be able to understand and adapt to cultural ministries.
- He must have heart for the lost, both locally and globally (Matthew 28:19, 20).
- He must be fluent in English.
Pastoral Duties and Responsibilities
- Faithfully study, preach and teach the Word of God (2 Timothy 2:15; 4:2) through (but not limited to) worship, bible studies, and discipleship;
- Administer sacraments;
- Interview, baptize and/or confirm EM members;
- Shepherding and Pastoral Care which include but are not limited to counseling, mentoring, nurturing, and visitations (Acts 20:28; 2 Corinthians 1:4; 1 Peter 5:2-4; Titus 1:9);
- Equipping the body (Ephesians 4:11, 12). This includes mentoring and training the leadership, overseeing existing ministries;
- A visionary leader who can execute organizational and administrative skills in overseeing various ministries and ministry planning;
- Accountable to the Senior Pastor of SKPC and its Board of Elders and Deacons;
- Faithfully serve and glorify God in the reformed faith as the EM Pastor alongside the EM leadership team, pastors, and elders of the church;
- Promote Godly, Christ-exalting relationships and families within the body of Christ.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, 3 references and 2-3 audio/video sermon samples to RF.SearchCommittee@gmail.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org