Tacoma Central Presbyterian Church is currently seeking a full-time youth pastor for our church.
The new youth pastor will report to the senior pastor and the session, as a member of the pastoral staff team, currently consisting of two KM assistant pastors, EM pastor(Open Worship), and children’s pastor, serving the church.
We do have a great pastoral staff team at TCPC and this will be a great ministry opportunity.
Tacoma Central Presbyterian Church is a predominantly Korean-American church with sizable multicultural families in our membership, located in Tacoma (metro Seattle), Washington. Average Sunday attendance is about 500 adults in KM, 170 adults in two EM congregations, 60 Youth, 65 elementary from K-6th grade, and 70 Pre-K & younger.
8001 Pine Street South, Lakewood, WA 98499
1. Loves the youth and passionate for the next generation ministry.
2. Healthy spiritual family/personal life.
3. Graduate of ATS accredited seminary with MDiv/ThM or MA
4. Ordained or seeking ordination in the future.
5. Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Youth/Children’s Ministry.
6. Desire to serve in a Presbyterian congregation with its polity & the Reformed Theology. We belong to ECO (Evangelical Covenant Order of Presbyterians), came out of PC(USA) in recent years over theological differences.
7. If able to speak both English & Korean that will be exceptional, but we want to emphasis to fall on being fluent in English.
1. Primary responsibility: Minister to the youth and the families with youth (Jr High – High School).
2. Leading, preaching & discipling the youth with responsibilities for their Sunday worship and Friday gathering.
3. Organize annual ministry events such as winter & summer retreats, summer missions, etc.
4. Train & equip volunteer staff for youth ministry.
5. Partner with youth parents & PTA – providing resources & training for parents to disciple their children.
Submit the following to the contact below to pastor Jim Han: email@example.com
1. Letter of interest
3. Three ministry references
4. Two Sermons in Audio (MP3) or Video
5. Ordination Status (if applicable)
6. Photo (Family Photo if married)
7. If able to speak both English & Korean that will be exceptional, but we want the emphasis to fall on being fluent in English.
Salary of $50,000 – $55,000 per year (depending on experiences & competencies)
Also includes Health Insurance & other benefits (gas reimbursements, 2 weeks of paid vacation along with allowance, child support – $200/child per month, pension of $150 per month after 2 years, relocation expense up to $4000)