Tacoma Central Presbyterian Church is currently seeking a full time or part time Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministry. The Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministry will provide leadership and shepherding care for children and their families from the age of Kindergarten to 5th grade. The new pastor will report to the senior pastor, lead EM pastor (Open Worship), and the Session (Elders’ Board) to minister to the whole church along with the pastoral staff team.
Tacoma Central Presbyterian Church (ECO denomination) is a predominantly Korean-American church with sizable multicultural families in our membership, located in Tacoma (metro Seattle), Washington.
Average Sunday attendance (Pre-Covid) is about 550 adults in KM, 170 adults in two EM congregations, 60 Youth, 80 elementary students from K-5th grade, and 110 Pre-K & younger children.
Church Address: 8001 Pine Street South, Lakewood, WA 98499
KM website: http://www.itcpc.org
EM website: http://www.owtcpc.org
1. A vital personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. A call to pastoral ministry from God.
3. Healthy emotional, family, personal, and social life.
2. Loves working with children and passionate for the next generation ministry.
3. Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Children’s Ministry.
4. Preferably bilingual – English required & Korean fluency preferred in order to effectively communicate with
2nd & 3rd generation students and 1st generation immigrant parents & 2nd generation parents.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with staff, members, and volunteers.
6. Demonstrate Christ-likeness and professionalism through appearance, attitude, and personal interactions.
7. A relevant college or seminary degree in education.
1. Primary responsibility: Minister to Kindergarten – 5th Grade students and their families with the gospel truth and love of Jesus Christ.
2. Lead, organize, and teach with responsibilities for Sunday worship.
3. Organize annual ministry events such as Summer VBS, Fall Festival, & Christmas service.
4. Recruit, train, and supervise adult & youth volunteers for the various roles within children’s
5. Partner with parents & PTA – providing resources & training for parents to disciple their children.
6. Attend weekly staff meeting on Tuesday mornings.
6. Coordinate with the Promise land Director (toddler to Pre-K) and the youth pastor, for a coherent and integrated next-gen educational ministry (Pre-K through High School), with shared core values, ministry
philosophy, and compatible curriculum.
1. Letter of interest
3. Three ministry references
4. Photo (Family Photo if married)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Will be negotiable depending on experiences.
New laptop every 3 years
Relocation Expense up to $4000
2 Weeks of Paid Vacation*
Pension of $150 per month after 2 years*
* Full Time Only
To apply for this position call Pastor Jim Han at 217.390.2347 or send cover letter and resume to
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com