:: Youth Pastor for TCPC [Full Time] ::
Tacoma Central Presbyterian Church is currently seeking a full time Youth pastor for our church. The new Youth pastor will report to the senior pastor, OW pastor (English Ministry), and the session. Also as a member of the pastoral staff team, currently consisting of two KM assistant pastors, OW pastor, and children’s pastor, serve the whole church.
Tacoma Central Presbyterian Church is a predominantly Korean-American church with sizable multicultural families in our membership, located in Tacoma (metro Seattle), Washington. Average Sunday attendance is about 500 adults in KM, 170 adults in two EM congregations, 55 Youth, 65 elementary from K-6th grade, and 70 Pre-K & younger.
Church Address: 8001 Pine Street South, Lakewood, WA 98499
KM website: http://www.itcpc.org
EM website: http://www.owtcpc.org
1. Loves the youth and passionate for the next generation ministry.
2. Healthy spiritual family/personal life.
3. Graduate of ATS accredited seminary with MDiv/ThM or MA
4. Ordained or seeking ordination in the future.
5. Minimum of 2+ years of experience in Youth/Children’s Ministry.
6. Desire to serve in a Presbyterian congregation with its polity & the Reformed Theology. Our church belongs to ECO (Evangelical Covenant Order of Presbyterians), came out of PCUSA in recent years over theological differences.
7. Preferably bilingual (not required) – speaks both English & Korean, to effectively communicate with 2nd generation students & staff, as well as 1st generation immigrant parents & 2nd generation parents.
1. Primary responsibility: Minister to the youth and the families with youth (Jr High – High School).
2. Leading, preaching & discipling the youth with responsibilities for their Sunday worship and Friday gathering.
3. Organize annual ministry events such as winter & summer retreats, summer missions, etc.
4. Train & equip volunteer staff for youth ministry.
5. Partner with parents & PTA – providing resources & training for parents to disciple their children.
6. Coordinate with the Children’s Pastor and the director of Pre-K, for a coherent and integrated 2nd generation educational ministry (Pre-K thru High School), with shared core values, ministry philosophy, and compatible curriculum.
Submit the following to the contact below to pastor Jim Han: email@example.com
1. Letter of interest
3. Philosophy and Vision for ministry (one page)
4. Three ministry references
5. Two Sermons in Audio (MP3) or Video
6. Ordination Status (if applicable)
7. Photo (Family Photo if married)
Salary of $42,500 – $45,000 per year (depending on experiences)
Also includes Health Insurance & other benefits (gas card and cell allowance, 2 weeks of paid vacation along with allowance, child support – $250/child per month, pension of $150 per month after 2 years, relocation expense up to $4000)
To apply for this position, call Pastor Jim Han at 217.390.2347 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com