The Austin Korean Presbyterian Church (AKPC), located in Austin, Texas, USA, is seeking to hire a full time Assistant Pastor who will serve as the Director of Next Generation Education and the Children’s Ministry pastor. AKPC is affiliated with the ECO denomination: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians. By God’s grace, our community has grown over the past 50 years, and in 2017 we built a new sanctuary. We are a faith community where approximately 1,000 members gather for worship each week, including Korean-language, English-language, youth, and church school congregations.
Position and Responsibilities (1 position):
● Director of Next Generation Education and Children’s Ministry pastor
Brief Job Description:
1. Director of Next Generation Education (Early Childhood, Pre-school, Elementary, Middle, and High School)
Oversee all aspects of Next Generation Education and related teaching responsibilities.
2. Children’s Ministry Pastor
Conduct worship and education for children in grades 1-5.
Care for and shepherd children in collaboration with department heads, teachers, and parents.
1. Graduated from an accredited seminary with an M.Div. degree recognized by ECO denomination.
2. Eligible for full-time ministry (Assistant Pastor); Fixed Term (renewal is also acceptable).
3. Current member of the ECO denomination or eligible to become an ECO member or affiliated member.
4. Bilingual in English and Korean.
5. Preferred qualifications: Minimum of 2 years of on-site pastoral experience, specialized experience in church education, ability to communicate effectively with other AKPC pastors, teachers, department leaders, and parents.
Required Documents (combined single PDF file preferred):
1. Resume (1 copy in Korean and 1 copy in English).
2. Copy of M.Div. degree and ordination certificate.
3. Self-introduction including faith statement, call to ministry, personal testimony, family introduction, and family photos.
4. Statement of ministry and education philosophy.
5. Contact information for at least 3 references (phone numbers and emails), including your current or former senior pastor.
6. Recent English sermons (2 or more videos or website links).
Compensation and Benefits:
1. Health insurance.
2. Paid vacation (4 weeks per year).
3. Continuing education support.
4. Relocation assistance (calculated based on distance of relocation).
Application Deadline: October 15, 2023.
AKPC Director of Education and Children’s Ministry Search Committee (AKPC.EduCM.Search.email@example.com). All inquiries and application materials should be submitted via email.
AKPC: https://www.akpc.org/ (Address: 12311 Natures Bend, Austin, TX78753)
To apply for this job email your details to AKPC.EduCM.Search.firstname.lastname@example.org