We are a non-denominational church currently worshipping in North Haledon, NJ. Our community is thriving and has a desire for the gospel to be spread locally and globally. As a Biblical ministry, our motivation is the Great Commandment, and our purpose is the Great Commission. We exist to glorify God by blessing our neighbor through making disciples of Jesus Christ. We invite you to find out more information at www.cgsnj.org
The Assistant Pastor is an unordained/ordained minister and responsible to assist the Senior Pastor with ministerial and support needs as they arise. The Assistant Pastor, like the Senior Pastor, is not responsible for doing all the work of ministry in the church, but for seeing it is done and done properly. The Assistant Pastor may be assigned specific tasks to perform or areas of ministry to administrate, like religious education, or on-going age group ministry of a church like College or Fellowship.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Disciple, train, and support members of our congregation with a focus on our women’s ministries.
– Teaches and leads Bible study classes or small groups.
– Visits grieving church members.
– Represents the Senior Pastor at committee and ministry team meetings as requested.
– Cooperates with all staff to promote the vision of the church.
– Serves as an effective liaison to church committees and team ministry efforts.
– Maintains a continued growth of personal calling and walk with the Lord through Bible study and prayer.
– Develops and exercises personal evangelism within and outside the church.
– Gives graciously to the church through tithes and offerings.
– Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
The applicant must be committed to a personal ministry of proclamation of the historic Reformed Faith delivered once for all to the Saints, having personally accepted the singular saving Lordship of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Scripture as the inerrant and infallible rule of faith and practice, and having personally committed to model Biblical discipleship in his or her daily life.
– Currently enrolled or graduated from accredited seminary with reformed view
– Possess strong communication and leadership skills to build relations with congregants and fellow staff
– Willing and open heart to learn and serve
– Must be fluent in English. Some knowledge of Korean a plus.
– Must have permanent U.S. residence or citizenship.
Commensurate with experience
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Resume with at least two references
– Personal testimony and statement of faith
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com