About our Church:
West Hills Presbyterian Church is a well established church in the San Fernando Valley celebrating our 33rd year, belonging to the KPCA. With the retirement of our founding pastor, we forge ahead with excitement in Gospel ministry with our new senior pastor.
We enjoy a vibrant church life comprised of the KM, EM, and Education Departments. The E.D. includes the Kindergarten ministry with about 20 students, ranging in age from 3-5 years old. We also have separate departments for Elementary, Junior High, as well as High School ministries. Each department is well supported by both the KM and EM congregations.
We are searching for a Kindergarten pastor to shepherd our 3-5 year olds, as well as their parents. We believe in shepherding the whole family!
Job Description & Expectations:
· Shepherd for spiritual growth of the students in the Kindergarten Ministry
· Lord’s Day services: coordinate for praise & worship, message, etc. All the messages, crafts, and activities come from a fine Sunday School Curriculum we use, and the pastor will be responsible to ensure proper preparation for self and the whole team of volunteers
· Friday evening Kinder Service
· Recruit and lead volunteer staff to help in shepherding and nurturing the spiritual growth of the students
· Plan and lead annual events such as, Vacation Bible School (VBS), Christmas Presentation, Resurrection Sunday Activities, etc.
Attend weekly pastoral staff meetings (Friday afternoons) and hold parent teacher (PTA) meetings as needed
Bi-lingual fluency in Korean AND English is highly desired. Due to many of the parents who are Korean speaking only while some of the others are English speaking only, fluency in both languages will be immensely helpful for the Kindergarten pastor.
$1500-2000, depending on experience.
Please include resume and the following:
1). Salvation Testimony.
2). Two references: one pastoral, one personal
email to Jae H. Woo, EM/Education Pastor – email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org