Youth Ministry Full Time or Half-Time/ Part-Time Pastors
(2 Open Positions: one Youth Pastor for Grades 9th through 12th and another Youth Pastor for Grades 6th through 8th)
Young Nak Church of Los Angeles (YNC) is a presbyterian Korean-American church located in Los Angeles (Lincoln Heights). Our church is searching for a FULL-TIME pastor to serve alongside lay leaders, deacons, and elders to shepherd and lead the next generation of students.
Job Description: Duties and responsibilities
· Preach weekly for Sunday service.
· Plan and oversee Friday Night Fellowship gatherings.
· Plan and lead bi-annual (Summer and Winter) youth retreats.
· Lead a group of volunteer teachers to shepherd and teach the students.
· Communicate with parents by providing updates about ministry news and events.
· Attend Tuesday meetings with full-time pastors and Friday meetings with education department pastors.
· Meet with students outside of Sunday services to provide encouragement and support.
· Plan and execute events and activities pertaining to High School.
Other duties and responsibilities as required by the ministry
· Graduated from an accredited seminary
· Passionate about student ministries
· Fluent in English
· Ability to communicate in Korean is preferred
· Authorized to work in the United States
· Annual compensation range for full-time position, including parsonage and ministry allowances: $55,000 – $68,000 (depends on experience)
· Half-time/ part-time option is available for minimum 20 hours per week. Estimated pay range is $2,000 – $2,500 per month. Paid time-off is the only benefit available for the part-time option.
· Medical and life insurance benefits (premiums fully paid by YNC)
· Dental allowance
· Paid time-off
· Annual defined benefit accrual
· Resume/ CV
· Your photo
· Testimony of faith
· 2 letters of recommendation
· Video of recent sermon (YouTube & Vimeo links are also acceptable)
Please submit the above documents to the attention of Human Resources Committee at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org