Bethany Church is a vibrant non-denominational, financially independent, gospel-centered, self-governing congregation serving alongside our Korean partner ministry in Gaithersburg, MD. First established in 2008, we have weathered transition and the pandemic with a renewed vision of serving our multi-generational body. We are in search of a full-time Lead Pastor (LP) to shepherd our English congregation and grow our next-generation church to meet the needs of a growing, multicultural, and diverse community.
The LP will serve as the primary leader for preaching/teaching, vision casting, staff oversight, and shepherding our congregation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Preside over Sunday worship through the preaching of God’s word, guiding general worship with the assistance of the EM leadership and worship team.
Cultivate a strong lay-leader culture by leading and working alongside them in personal discipleship, individual mentoring, goal setting, and vision casting.
Work together with EM leadership to spearhead different ministry initiatives that would result in new spiritual growth and community.
Pastoral care for the members of Bethany ChurchM.
Hold weekly office hours to counsel church members or for other pastoral care.
Regularly meet with EM Deacons, KM pastoral staff, KM session Elders to bridge unification in shared ministry programs.
· Statement of faith
· Links to 3 sermons/sermon videos
· Minimum of 3 Ministry references
· M.Div or higher from an accredited seminary
· Minimum of 5 years of ordained ministry experience in diverse settings, including adult congregations
· Korean language skills preferred, but not required
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
· Ministry: 5 years (Preferred)
· Leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
Bi-weekly or twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
· Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
· People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
· Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
· Task-oriented — finds enjoyment in setting and completing goals and tasks.
To apply for this job email your details to Search@bethanyem.org