Bethany Church is a vibrant non-denominational, financially independent, gospel-centered, self-governing congregation serving alongside our Korean partner ministry in Gaithersburg, MD (metro Washington, DC area) . First established in 2008, we have weathered transition and the pandemic with a renewed vision of serving our multi-generational body. We are in search of a full-time Lead Pastor (LP) to shepherd our English congregation and grow our next-generation church to meet the needs of a growing, multicultural, and diverse community.
The LP will serve as the primary leader for preaching/teaching, vision casting, staff oversight, and shepherding our congregation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preside over Sunday worship through the preaching of God’s word, guiding general worship with the assistance of the EM leadership and worship team.
- Cultivate a strong lay-leader culture by leading and working alongside them in personal discipleship, individual mentoring, goal setting, and vision casting.
- Work together with EM leadership to spearhead different ministry initiatives that would result in new spiritual growth and community.
- Pastoral care for the members of Bethany Church.
- Hold weekly office hours to counsel church members or for other pastoral care.
- Regularly meet with EM Deacons for ministry planning.
- Open communication with designated KM session Elders to bridge unification in shared ministry programs and KM Pastors.
· Statement of faith
· Links to 3 sermons/sermon videos
· Minimum of 3 Ministry references
· US citizenship/legal residency
· M.Div or higher from an accredited seminary
· Minimum of 5 years of ordained ministry experience in diverse settings, including adult congregations
· Korean language skills preferred, but not required
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
· Ministry: 5 years (Preferred)
· Leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
Bi-weekly or twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
· Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
· People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
· Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
· Task-oriented — finds enjoyment in setting and completing goals and tasks.
To apply for this job email your details to Search@bethanyem.org