Choong Hyun Mission Church/Charis Mission Church, Los Angeles (CA) is seeking a full-time youth pastor for Junior High ministry.
Full-time Jr. High Pastor (Grades 6-8)
Choong Hyun Mission Church/Charis Mission Church is a Korean-American Presbyterian church (KAPC denomination) in Los Angeles, CA that ministers the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are a church of 1500 in Sunday attendance, with a thriving and growing Education Department of +400 children from infant to High School students.
1. Preach the Gospel to 6-8 graders for weekly Sunday worship and Friday Bible study
2. Exemplify the Four-Core Values of the Education Department: Scriptural, Pastoral, Relational, and Missional
3. Inspire and love Jr. High volunteers and small group leaders in weekly meetings and regular fellowship outings
4. Represent the Jr. High Department and its interests at all church leadership meetings and serve as a liaison between the church leadership, Jr. High department volunteers, and parents
5. To assist and coordinate with the Education Department pastors in discovering, recruiting, and enlisting volunteer teachers and assistants for the department.
6. To work through Education Department Pastor to execute yearly teachings using Orange Curriculum and all departmental activities
7. To prepare and request a department budget at the end of each year. To monitor spending of Jr. High department volunteers and staff members with the aid of the Department Director. To make requests for equipment and space as needed through the Education pastor
8. Other duties as assigned for full-time position pastoral staff
1. Seminary graduate or currently in seminary (starting part-time to full-time after graduation)
2. Must be fully devoted to God and to the church of Jesus Christ and be committed to expressing that devotion to youth.
3. Presbyterian doctrines and conviction, with a Gospel-centeredness
4. Pray for students and volunteers each week
5. Youth group ministry experience of at least 3 years, and at least 1 year as a youth pastor. Experience in a large Korean-American church context is preferred
6. With ED pastoral staff effort, able to organize and execute large-scale events such as bi-annual retreats, annual student conference, Easter/Christmas Programs, Fall Festival and other calendar events
7. Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, people management skills, and computer/tech skills
Report to Education Department pastor
Work closely with all Education Department pastors, staff, and ministry teams. Must be a team player!
Full-Time Position 40 hours/week
Position open until filled:
If you are interested, please e-mail to email@example.com with the following:
2. References (two pastoral and one personal other than family)
3. Sermons (2) video recordings in English for youth
4. self or family picture
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org