Christ Central of Southern California is seeking a Creative & Communications Director to provide leadership, direction and oversee the creative, art direction and visual content needs church-wide. This is a part-time position. Click here to see essential duties and responsibilities for this position. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creative & Communications Director
Reports to: Senior Pastor and Session
Employment Status: Non-exempt hourly employee
Hours: Part time (approximately 20-25 hours per week)
Membership: Required to be a member within 1 year of start date
Christ Central of Southern California (“Christ Central”) is seeking a Creative & Communications Director to provide leadership, oversee art direction, and produce visual materials for church-wide content. This is a part-time position, directly reporting to the Executive Director of Operations, accountable to the Senior Pastor and the Session, and working closely and collaboratively with our Pastoral Staff, Administrative/Operational Staff, and several key volunteer leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce graphics and visuals
- Sunday graphics
- Marketing collateral (e.g. PowerPoint presentations, announcements)
- Art direction
- Branding – ensure all deliverables have a cohesive look
- Outgoing communications (e.g. website, social media, e-newsletters)
- Lead Creative Ministry
- Create growth opportunities
- Delegate design assignments
- Liaison between Christ Central staff and Creative Ministry
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Google Suite (documents, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of color theory, typography, page layout and design
- Comfortable with Squarespace and basic HTML
- Experience with video editing and/or motion design a plus (Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Final Cut Pro)
- Strong communication skills, able to work with others, and responds well to feedback and critique
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Experience working in a church, whether paid or as a volunteer, a plus
- All candidates: please send portfolio, website, or examples of design work along with your resume.
- To the Senior Pastor and Session: Communication and Accountability. Unity of Voice, Vision, and Philosophy of Ministry.
- To the Staff: Collaboration and Support.
- To the Volunteers of the Creative and Communication Ministries: Leading and serving.
- To the World: To be a witness to neighbors and the world through faith in Christ demonstrated in family, ministry and life.
- Compassion – Calling and Gifting
- Community – Relational Compatibility
- Christ – Maturity and Fruitfulness
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com