Position: Worship & College Pastor
Size: Weekly Attendance for English Worship (11:30am) 400
Church: Community Church of Seattle 3727 240th St SE, Bothell, WA | https://hyungjae.org/english-worship/
ABOUT THE CHURCH
Community Church of Seattle (a.k.a CCS), located in the suburbs of Seattle, attracts many who move from out of state to the expanding city. We have recently transitioned our public 3rd service into English Worship to reach out to English speaking congregation. Our mission is to expand God’s kingdom by making disciples of Christ.
We’re looking for someone who has a huge heart for Worship and College Students and that is willing to be creative towards reaching students in college campuses. The Worship/College Pastor’s primary responsibility is not only to lead the worship on Sunday (English Worship only) but also to be the spiritual leader for our college students.
As the Worship Pastor, he/she is primarily responsible for pastoring and training ministry volunteers and overseeing the worship portion of English Worship (11:30 service) in addition to providing general pastoral care for the church alongside the pastoral staff. The Worship Pastor will also lead and develop a team of leaders that work together to create an excellent and authentic experience each week.
The role of a college pastor has two parts. First, he/she will seek to implement CCS’s culture and vision in being missional towards reaching college students. Second, as a college group pastor, he/she is responsible for the discipleship of students so they will grow to become active and vibrant members of a local church.
– Create a pathway and Vision Statement that allows the praise team to become true disciples of Christ.
– Teach, lead and oversee college students through weekly gatherings
– Shepherd and develop core leads and ministry leaders for worship, prayer, community groups, welcoming, and outreach at our University location.
– Engage in building genuine relationships with praise team members and college students by coordinating activities/events, Bible studies, prayer gatherings and campus visits.
– Plan an annual budget for worship ministry and college ministry along with English Worship directors.
– Worship at one service and attend all staff meetings (excluding vacations).
– To be above reproach (Titus 1:6-9, 1 Tim. 3:2).
– To maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
– To contribute to the cause and mission of CCS via offering/tithe.
– Over 2 years of full-time experience as a worship pastor or at least 2 years experience of youth/college ministry experience
– Preferably M. Div or equivalent degree (To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Resume with 3 references
– 5 minute sermon clip and worship leading video
*Salary based on experience; benefits include health, and discounted childcare.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com