Good News Chapel is looking to hire a vibrant pastor to lead our worship ministry. The position is open to both part-time and half-time candidates, with realistic potential to become a full-time position. The worship pastor is a pastor first, and a worship pastor second. That means the worship pastor should expect to be engaged in regular pastoral duties, which includes pastoral care, ministry of the word, and prayer. Specifically, in close communication with the senior pastor, the worship pastor will
- oversee most aspects of Sunday worship.
- lead praise, instrumentally and vocally, on most Sundays.
- craft and design the Sunday liturgy, which includes carefully selecting songs and hymns for corporate singing, the inclusion of creeds and confessions, and prayer and response.
- invite, train, and shepherd members who join the worship ministry.
- preach occasionally.
Good News Chapel (GNC) is an independent congregation in Southern California, that was formerly the EM congregation of a Korean church. We have been an independent church for nearly 20 years. Here are some of our distinctives.
- We are evangelical.
- We hold to the inerrancy of Scripture.
- We are Reformed in doctrine.
- We are gospel driven.
- We preach expositionally.
- We are paedobaptist.
- We have elected elders and deacons.
- We practice family worship where parents and children worship together.
- We seek to mature our members to be like Christ and be engaged in the mission of Christ.
GNC is a church on the rebound. When our founding pastor was called to a new ministry, we were without a lead pastor for almost four years, which includes 1.5 years of covid lockdown. After much searching and prayer, our new senior pastor came in August, 2021, after having served at one church for 26 years. The church council (session, board) is highly motivated to leverage our resources to help our church carry out our mission and purpose.
You’d be a great candidate if…
- You desire to be mentored and could benefit from learning under an experienced pastor.
- You have experience in leading worship, both instrumentally and vocally.
- You are a seminary student or graduate, looking to pursue pastoral ministry.
- You could benefit from a very competitive salary, which takes into account recent inflation and the cost of living in SoCal.
To inquire more about this position or to apply, contact Pastor Peter Yi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com