GraceLife Bible Church is a Christ-exalting, Bible-saturated, Gospel-centered church that is healthy, vibrant, and growing. We are in a very strategic location just outside of Washington DC with many families moving into the area and much ethnic diversity. Our future vision is focused on our younger generation and it is our prayerful desire to intentionally invest into our children, youth, and collegians.
Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking a part-time pastor/intern to serve our Youth. The group has approximately 30 kids from 6th-12th grades. We are praying for someone who is passionate for youth ministry, gifted in teaching, leadership, and administration, and is theologically and philosophically aligned with our church’s purpose and priorities.
Although this is initially a part-time position (min. 2-year commitment), we are fully open to explore a full-time role and long-term commitment as our mutual relationship grows.
Here are the expectations for this position:
- To provide spiritual and organizational leadership to the entire Youth Ministry.
- To teach the Word of God on a weekly basis at the Youth Group Friday night meeting.
- To recruit, equip, and shepherd Youth Staff to assist in the various functions of the Youth Ministry.
- To come alongside Christian parents in the shepherding of their teenagers by communicating any concerns, encouragements, or observations to parents about their children.
- To work alongside the Pastoral Staff for personal/ministry mentoring.
- To keep the Youth Ministry of GBC aligned doctrinally with “GBC’s What We Teach” statement and philosophically with “GBC’s Family and Youth Ministry Philosophy.”
- To fully commit to our local church by becoming a member in good standing and growing in relationships with the entire church family.
- College Graduate
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with youth in some capacity (staff, volunteer, pastor)
- In seminary or pursuing a seminary degree ~ concurrently pursuing full-time pastoral ministry through affirmation by your local church
- Desire to be mentored in a local church by the leadership of an elder team
Salary & Benefits
- $3000/month (negotiable based on experience)
- $1500/ yearly personal expenses
- Possible seminary tuition assistance
To Inquire or Apply
To apply for or inquire about this position, please email Pastor John Koh for an initial phone conversation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com