At Joy Manhattan, we aspire to be a gospel-centered family renewed by grace, experiencing the presence & power of God, engaging our city & world. The gospel of Jesus provides the power and the pattern for our philosophy of ministry, grounding us in what God has done for us in Christ and empowering us to love and serve our neighbors, especially the least among us.
We are a vibrant non-denominational church in midtown Manhattan, a short walk from Herald Square and Koreatown. Our average Sunday attendance is around 150 adults and over 20 children.
We are seeking a part-time Children’s Ministry Director for our growing congregation. This person would play a key role in leading our children and partnering with our families in applying our church’s vision in this unique context.
- A ministry leader who has a passion for children and families, is a team player, is organized, and doesn’t mind “rolling up their sleeves.”
- As a member of our church staff, the candidate should live an exemplary life that is “above reproach” (Matthew 5:16, 1 Peter 2:12).
- Minimum 2 years of children’s ministry experience.
- Seminary studies are desirable but not required. Tuition subsidies are also available for staff.
- Plan and execute weekly programming in addition to other periodic events (e.g. congregational retreat, workshops), working closely with staff, lay leadership, and volunteers.
- Develop teaching curriculum for various age groups and facilitate training for lay leadership and volunteers.
- Communicate regularly with parents to provide updates and resources.
- Explore creative ways to engage families and the broader community.
- Manage budget for all programming, materials, and food.
- Attend regular staff meetings for resourcing and support.
- Pursue opportunities for personal and ministerial growth and development.
- $25 – $30 per hour (based on experience) for up to 15 hours per week
- Hours include ministry on Sundays, preparation during the week, and staff meetings
- Send cover letter (including why you want to work in this role), resume, and two references (one professional reference and one from a pastor who knows you well) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to the volume of anticipated responses, we will be unable to reply to all candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com