Job Position: 9th-10th Grade High School Pastors
Joshua Generation (JG) is our high school ministry here at KCPC. We are looking for another JG pastor to work alongside our 11th-12th grade pastor to shepherd and guide our students to begin the lifelong journey of faith in Christ. The pastor will create a Christ-centered environment where the Gospel will take root and begin to bear fruit in the lives of our high school students. An ideal candidate should be a team player, compassionate, have a heart for the youth, and understand our youth’s challenges.
KCPC is reformed in theology and is part of the Presbyterian Church of America (PCA). Our youth ministry is under the umbrella of the English congregation (EC) of KCPC. The 9th-10th grade JG pastor will work and collaborate with pastors from the EC.
- Help train and lead JG servant leaders to plan and execute activities that build unity in fellowship.
- Connect with parents through the Youth and Family Support (YFS) committee.
- Provide weekly visitations for 9th-10th grade students.
- Preach and teach the Gospel when scheduled.
- Graduated from an accredited seminary with an M.Div.
- Ordination is a plus, but not required.
- Bilingual in Korean and English preferred.
- Must receive and adopt the Westminster Standards per PCA requirements.
- Approve and submit to the form of government and the discipline of PCA.
- Exude the qualities of Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Must have a team ministry mindset.
- A heart for the Korean-American church.
- A mature follower of Christ with a deep and consistent life devoted to God’s Word and prayer.
- The annual salary and benefits package (pension, medical, dental, etc.) are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to apply – Prepare and send the following information to Pastor John Hwang: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy of seminary diploma(s) and ordination certification (if applicable)
- Three reference letters (have your references emailed directly to email@example.com with your name and “KCPC JG Pastor Reference” in the subject line)
- Two references from pastors
- One reference from a lay member of the applicant’s current church
- Two video sermon samples
- Personal testimony
- Statement of faith
- Philosophy for ministry
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org