Gospel Life Fellowship is the English-speaking congregation of Korean Presbyterian Church of Baltimore. We are located in Lutherville, MD, and are a member of the KAPC denomination. Our English-speaking Adults and Youth worship together, seeking a covenant model under the leadership of our EM Pastor. We are currently seeking a full-time or half-time Assistant Pastor passionate for the Lord and for students. Our Youth Group (6th-12th) is comprised of 20 precious students and our adult EM congregation is comprised of 50 members, half single, half married.
While this individual will be the primary minister to the youth, he will also have exposure to the adult congregation, as we are an integrated congregation. The main scope of the role is teaching and care for students. If the individual is on a pastoral trajectory, he will have preaching opportunities averaging once a month. The final role description can be worked out with the individual to fit his/her developmental goals. Our goal is to invest in future leaders to nurture and train ministers of the gospel, while meeting the ministering needs of our church.
We are looking for someone:
- Who loves Jesus and models gospel faith in life.
- Who upholds the teachings and values of the reformed faith.
- Passionate for ministering to students and families.
- Committed to continual learning and training in ministry
- Attending/graduated of an accredited seminary.
What we ask of you:
- Make every effort to bring students to saving faith in Christ, and provide spiritual leadership for youth.
- Incarnational ministry with students by spending time with them and building relationships.
- Prepare and equip teachers for Bible Study.
- Coordinate planning and implementation of Youth Ministry events.
- Develop relationship with parents and facilitate parent involvement in ministry.
- If on pastoral track, monthly preaching, both for the congregation’s growth and also for your development.
Our commitment to you:
- Mentoring and spiritual guidance
- Guided training and opportunities in ministry.
- Exposure to both youth and adult ministry. (Main responsibility is Youth, but opportunities given with adults)
- A flexible schedule for half-time bi-vocational candidates.
Compensation: commensurate on experience
(email to email@example.com, 410.493.6858. Michael Ra, EM Pastor)
- Resume + 2 references (at least one from an individual in ministry)
- Statement of faith and calling (Personal testimony and sense of calling to ministry)
- Ministry vision
- Recent sermon
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org