Impact Orange County and beyond by making gospel-centered, compassionate, and missions-minded disciples of Christ.
– Engage in joyful, multi-generational worship that is spiritually restful, intellectually challenging, and culturally relevant.
– Build a compassionate, vulnerable, and accepting community through biblical counseling.
– Invest in life-giving discipleship that is gospel-centered and missions-minded.
– Reformed in Theology
– Counseling in Community
– Disciples Making Disciples
– Sent and Sending
Reporting Relationships and Role Purpose
The Family and Community Life Pastor will report to the Senior Pastor. Part of the goal in creating this ministry position is to enable the Senior Pastor to focus his efforts on prayer, preaching, writing, leadership development, and shepherding the elders and pastoral staff. The scope of this role is to create and implement a system of spiritual care, counseling, community, and shepherding for New Life Pres with a concentrated focus on the family demographic. The Family and Community Life Pastor will lead the overall spiritual care for the church, and serve as the primary pastoral counselor for families.
Discipleship Group Ministry
– Oversee and lead the training, administration, coaching, support and execution of New Life Pres’ Discipleship Groups (DG).
– Build a culture of discipleship within New Life Pres that reflects the ethos of our core value, Disciples Making Disciples.
– Recruit and train DG Leaders and help to form new groups as needed.
Community Group Ministry
– Oversee and lead the training, administration, coaching, support and execution of New Life Pres’ Community Groups (CG).
– Build and improve New Life Pres’ CG ministry as a vital part of our shepherding structure.
– Recruit and Train new CG leaders and form new CGs as needed.
– Work in coordination with and train ruling elders who strategically oversee several CGs and shepherd the CG leaders directly.
– Learn and apply CCEF’s heart model for counseling to our CG ministry as it reflects our core value of Counseling in Community.
– Research and develop CG curriculum and material used for discussion.
Visitations, Spiritual Care, and Counseling
– Provide counseling and ongoing spiritual care for those families whose issues have been escalated through our CG shepherding structure or have been referred from the Senior Pastor.
– Regular visitation and spiritual care of New Life Pres’ deacons and ministry directors.
– Work with our education staff to provide training for parenting, marriages, and family life. This may come in the form of seminars, books studies, or bible studies.
– Address any high-level disciplinary issues, interpersonal issues, and/or concerns from parents whose children attend New Life Youth or Kids.
– Be part of a rotation of pastors and elders who preside over service and give the shepherd’s prayer.
– Depending on the gift set, possibly preach and administer the sacraments.
-Support and be present at New Life church events including but not limited to retreats, conferences, and outreach events.
– Commitment to New Life Pres’ Vision, Mission, and Core Values
– Ordained in the PCA or willing to transfer to PCA
– Strong organizational and administrative skills
– Ability to teach and counsel
– Formal counseling experience is preferable.
– Working knowledge of reformed theology
– Excellent written and verbal communication
– Strong leadership and people skills, demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities
– Demonstrate a mature understanding and ability to work within a church environment, build strong relationships with leadership and members, and exhibit a humble, positive and non-cynical attitude toward colleagues and lay members of the congregation alike.
– A minimum of 5 years of full-time pastoral experience
– Theological views must be in accord with the Westminster Standards.
– Ability and willingness to learn and use church management software
– Master’s in Divinity is required.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact info for three references to HR@newlifepres.org
Supervisor: Will Chang – Senior Pastor
Hours: 50 hours/week
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org