NY Pillar Church in Glen Oaks (Queens Borough), NY, is seeking a pastor to serve half-time/part-time (1-3 days a week) to serve our Youth Ministry (6th-12th grade)
• Bachelors in Theology or completion of 2-year Bible college program
• Completion of at least 1 semester in a Master’s program in Seminary (M.Div or Th.M)
• Fluency in English
• Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
-Duties (Will vary depending on days of commitment)
• Weekly Sunday Staff Meeting
• Weekly Sunday meeting with Youth Teachers
• Coordinate Weekly Sunday Small Groups for Youth Students
• Coordinate Youth Outing once a month/once every two months
• Sermon to English congregation once a month/once every two months
• Prepare and participate in annual Youth retreat and holiday events
• Participation in special bilingual services and all church events
-Vision For Youth Pastor
• Work with Senior Pastor in alignment with church vision.
• Build relationships with students and foster student involvement in church
• Help train and disciple the next generation to become leaders in church
– 10 Church Vision Statements
1. Becoming a church after God’s own heart (Acts 13:22).
2. Worshipping in spirit, truth (John 4:24), and thanksgiving (Psalms 100:1~5),
and praising diligently and passionately (Psalms 150:1~6).
3. Teaching God’s Word and establishing a foundation of scripture through Christian education (2 Timothy 3:14~17).
4. Continuing to evangelize and carry out missions (Matthew 28:19~20, 2 Timothy 4:2, Ezekiel 2:7, 3:11).
5. Living in harmony with brothers and sisters in Christ (Romans 12:15~16).
6. Respecting the traditions held by the church, while also being open to continuous change (Acts 15:1~21).
7. Establishing a church that values peace (Acts 9:31), and serves in many different ways without division (1 Corinthians 12:18~27).
8. Living godly lives that stand out to the world (Matthew 5:13~16).
9. A family that is rooted together in faith throughout generations (Acts 10:1~2).
10. Praying without ceasing to strengthen the church (Romans 12:12, 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
• Cover letter with faith statement
• Sermon Video
• 2 References
• 1-3 times a week
• Compensation is commensurate with experience and will be based on criteria of experience, skills, and education approximating:
- One day/week (Sundays) – $1,500/month
- Three days/week (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) – $2,100/month
- Difference in ratio is due to differing hours and responsibilities on Sundays and due to requirement of participation of events
NY Pillar Church
263-10 Union Tpke, Glen Oaks, NY 11004
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com