We are seeking an experienced individual who will be responsible for the Children’s Ministry at Pathway Bible Church. We expect the successful candidate to be able to build and mentor a team of volunteers to fulfill the mission of the ministry. A candidate must exhibit a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life. They must evidence a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ through spiritual disciplines (i.e. prayer, Bible study, etc). Above all else, this person will be a Spirit-led follower of Jesus Christ with a passion for children and a clear calling to our church.
Basic Job Description:
Provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of the Children’s Ministry at Pathway Bible Church so that children can know and follow Jesus Christ.
● Create and execute a long-term church aligned vision for Pathway Bible Church’s Children’s Ministry.
● Lead and organize effective children’s programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
● Recruit, train and shepherd volunteers with diverse gifts and personalities.
● Promote an environment where children feel connected to each other as a church family; where each child is valued and celebrated.
● Invest and engage relationally with children.
● Seek to integrate children’s ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
● Support Pathway Bible Church parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
● Provide biblical counseling and spiritual direction to volunteers, team leaders and families as needed.
● Create fun and meaningful opportunities for all children to connect and grow together.
● Ensure safe and healthy classroom/small group environments.
● Maintain contact with children and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
● Provide clear weekly communication to children and parents of events/activities.
● Explore and implement outreach events to connect children and families in the local community to our church community. Foster cross collaboration between ministries and area churches.
● Promote the unity, direction and vision of Pathway Bible Church by participating in staff and leadership meetings.
● Develop a full year calendar that will accomplish our mission and vision as a ministry as well as complement our mission and vision as a church.
● Carefully plan and manage the Children’s Ministry budgets.
● Stay current with children’s ministry practices by reading, attending children’s ministry conferences, etc.
● Other duties as required.
● Gifted and called to children’s ministry, loves helping families thrive, and has a passion for discipleship and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
● 3-5 years prior professional leadership experience in a growing children’s ministry,
● Is an engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Pathway Bible Church’s Statement of Faith.
● Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive, self-starter with a positive attitude.
● Possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field (masters preferred), experience in children’s ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
● Willing to become an engaged member of the Pathway Bible Church community.
● Thrives within a team environment; with the pastoral staff, the ministry directors, administrative team and volunteers.
● Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision; flexible to changes in procedures and/or direction.
● Possesses qualities catalytic to children’s ministry; for example, has a sense of humor, energetic, and authentic.
● Demonstrates strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
● Possesses strong computer skills & familiarity with social media tools and their use for ministering to children and their families.
● Lead staff efforts to maintain the children’s ministry social media presence (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
● Has basic experience working with AV, multimedia, tech and presentation software.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com