Description of Role: To provide pastoral servant leadership to RCC through preaching, teaching and shepherding
Church Overview: Restoration Community Church (RCC) first opened its doors in September 2010. We are a non-denominational church located in the heart of Naperville, IL. At present, we have approximately 170 people in our congregation, primarily comprised of young families. The vision of our church is to be a “Gospel Community on Mission.” Our church aspires to be a transformative presence in the Naperville area, driven and motivated by a deepening relationship with Jesus Christ. As God restores the hearts, minds, and souls of the people in our church, we are aiming to recognize and live out our call to help bring restoration to the lives of those around us.
- Serve the church as an elder and participate on the elder board.
- Under the direction of the elder board, serve as the primary preacher, teacher, and theologian at RCC.
- Participate in the visionary leadership with the elder board, implement visionary strategies and communicate this vision across the ministries of the church.
- Oversee all ministry areas of the church ensuring that they are consistent with the church’s vision and ministry objectives.
- Provide vision, teaching and discipleship to equip and support the church to live missionally including local and global outreach.
- Encourage and shepherd spiritual formation including the development, discipling, and mentoring of RCC congregants and members.
- Provide pastoral and spiritual leadership to the entire congregation.
- Counsel, support, comfort, and pray for the congregation, staff and ministry leaders.
- Provide shepherding, guidance and support for RCC Kids, youth group and college ministries under the supervision of the elder board.
- Play an integral role in planning and preparation for our weekly Sunday worship services and other corporate worship services.
Meetings and Communication
- Responsible for meeting with members and congregants on a consistent and regular basis.
- Organize and lead staff meetings.
- Attend and participate in elder meetings regularly.
- Oversee and organize meetings for our various ministries.
- Responsible for visiting RCC families on special occasions (i.e. visiting new members, hospital visits, spiritual well-being checks, fellowship, etc.)
- Lead and coordinate monthly prayer meetings.
- Create and manage a preaching schedule consistent with RCC’s overall mission and strategy.
- Create and prepare presentations for special RCC events.
- Work with the elder board to oversee and manage RCC membership process, classes, and communication.
- Officiate weddings, funerals, baptism, and communion in line with church practices.
- Attitudes and behaviors guided by biblical principles.
- A strong devotional and prayer life.
- Makes personal spiritual growth and ministry to his family a priority.
- In full agreement with RCC’s Vision, Core Values, Statement of Faith, Bylaws and other positional statements that will be provided by the elder board.
- Possess gifting in the areas of preaching, teaching, shepherding and vision implementation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Committed to become a member of the church.
- Previous lead pastor or associate/assistant pastoral level experience is preferred.
- A Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary or Bible College.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org