Position: Children’s Ministry Director (infants and toddlers)
Hours: Part-Time (15-20hrs/weekly)
Size: Weekly Attendance 500
Church: New Life Fellowship 3700 Monte Villa Pkwy, Bothell WA 98021 | www.seattlenewlife.org
ABOUT THE CHURCH
New Life Fellowship is the growing and thriving English Ministry of Community Church of Seattle (Hyungjae Church). Located in the suburbs of Seattle, New Life Fellowship attracts many who move from out of state to the expanding city. Due to the growing tech industry, such as Amazon and Microsoft, Seattle has become a hub for people all around our nation. Our mission is to expand God’s Kingdom by making disciples of Christ that make disciples. We embody this through three values: worship, mission and community groups. Our vision is to plant campuses in the heart of Seattle and to surrounding cities that need the love of Christ.
We are looking for an individual that can connect with young children and families. This person must view his or her role as missional and a key entry point for non-Christians and nominal Christians checking out the church. The Children’s Ministry Director must engage, welcome and disciple our kids/families. He/she will organize and lead Sunday worship for our NLKidz Jr. ministry. Additionally, he or she will be responsible for raising and training leaders for the ministry.
- Gospel-Centered: The Gospel is the a-z of faith. Not the abcs.
- Simplicity: We believe in doing a few things well rather than doing many things poorly.
- Devotion over Duty: We desire pastors who do ministry out of a love for Jesus versus because it’s simply a job.
- Missional: We are not a country club. Our passion is to reach the lost. We believe that we feed the insiders by focusing on the outsider.
- Prayer: A church that does not pray is a dying church.
- Passion: We desire pastors who have a passion for ministry and a desire to grow in their ministerial skills.
- Interdependence: We are unapologetically connected and supportive of our Korean parent church.
- Oversee programming for NLKidz ministry alongside the NLKidz elementary pastor.
- Develop systems and structures for effective children’s ministry.
- Communicate effectively with volunteer teams, parents and ministry staff.
- Implement age-appropriate curriculum to encourage spiritual formation and growth.
- Recruit, train, develop and recognize volunteers within the ministry in a way that promotes personal growth, as well as fulfills the vision of the ministry.
- Develop and implement a strategy for reaching and connecting new children and families at the church.
- Provide high-quality Sunday experience for the children’s ministry.
- Contributes and works with other NLF staff, volunteers, and is willing to put aside personal agendas for the sake of the larger vision of the church.
- Involvement in our annual VBS/Toon Town Ministry.
- To be present at all weekend services (excluding vacations).
- To be above reproach (Titus 1:6-9, 1 Tim. 3:2).
- To maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- To contribute to the cause and mission of NLF via offering/tithe.
- To attend weekly staff meetings unless sick, out of town or on vacation.
- To be in agreement with New Life’s constitution and by-laws.
- To adhere to the Westminster Confession of Faith.
YOU’RE A GOOD FIT IF….
- You love Christ, kids and families
- You are relational and a connector
- You have a missions mindset
- You are teachable
- At least 3 years of leadership experience with children in a school or ministry setting
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume with 3 references
*Salary Range: $24,000-$30,000k/year based on experience; benefits include discounted childcare and elementary tuition at our school (https://www.ucicschool.org). Role will begin as part-time with the potential to expand to half or full-time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com