True Light Presbyterian Church
True Light Church, a member of the Presbyterian Church (USA) is located in Bergen County of Northern New Jersey. Average attendance runs around 450 each week across all services both from Korean and English speaking congregations in the church.
As a Christian community of faith, we believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God; that he died for our sins according to the Scriptures; that he was buried and raised from the dead and he will return (Matthew 16:16; 1 Corinthians 15:3-6). We envision illuminating God’s color to the people around us. Our mission is to inspire and nurture both “churched” and “unchurched people” so that they can bring out the God-colors in the world, where we live, work and play. The God-colors means that the principles of the Kingdom of God, which revealed in the life, ministry, death, and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
We are seeking the right candidate who can provide leadership in Children/Youth Ministry and Programs. This oversight role includes preaching, teaching, working with and equipping staff and volunteers as well as pastoring students and parents participating in this ministry.
Director of Children/Youth Ministry (Full-Time)
1. A calling to pastoral ministry with heart for children and youth
2. A lifestyle congruent with biblical requirements of leaders
3. An ordained minister with a degree from accredited seminaries
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; bilingual (Korean/English) preferred.
5. Outgoing, relationally-oriented, and enthusiastic personality
6. Excellent spiritual and organizational leadership skills
7. At least two years of experience in leading children/youth ministries
1. Preach and teach youth students through weekly meetings, Sundays and routine special events.
2. Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
3. Plan and execute weekly/monthly/yearly events that are biblically and culturally relevant and also align with the mission and core values of TLC.
4. Develop a ministry curriculum that connects students to God and each other, deepens their relationship with God and grows their faith in God.
5. Recruit, train, develop volunteers to staff weekly programs (e.g., bible study) and special events.
6. Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to identify and meet the needs and expectations of families.
7. Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff such as performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc.
The annual salary and benefits (pension, medical, dental, etc) package is commensurate with qualifications and experience, starting at $70,000.
2. Personal statement (including family background, Statement of Faith, calling)
3. One video sermon
Personal statement (including family background, Statement of Faith, calling)
Please submit your resume and personal statement to Stephen Kim at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
True Light Presbyterian Church
18 Essex Rd, Paramus, NJ 07652
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org