The West Presbyterian Church of America (Denomination: PCUSA) located in Torrance, CA is looking for a part-time Youth Minister.
• Must have a clear testimony to being saved, and a sanctifying and growing relationship with God.
• Must demonstrate calling to youth ministry and have a passion for youth.
• Currently enrolled as a student or has completed theological training at an accredited seminary or bible college.
• Korean language skills preferred, but not required.
• U.S. citizen/permanent resident or eligible to legally work in the U.S.
2. Roles and Responsibilities
1) Youth Worship & Gathering
• Preside over Sunday worship service and preach God’s word weekly.
• Plan, prepare and lead youth Friday night gatherings.
(e.g., Bible study, monthly youth fellowship night, and prayer time).
2) Youth Events
• Plan, coordinate, and execute ministry events:
– Summer mission trip
– Evangelism & Serving our community
– Fundraising events
• Communicate effectively with PTA, parents, and youth students with special needs/concerns.
• Mentor/disciple youth students when applicable.
• Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
• Provide students and parents with ongoing activities, ministry plans and
events in a way that encourages involvement.
• Participate in monthly pastoral staff meetings.
• Other duties as required and requested by the church.
3. How to apply:
For consideration, please submit the following documents to email@example.com
• Resume (Picture should be attached)
• Introduction Letter (Life background, Strengths/Weaknesses, Ministry experiences and ministry vision)
• Statement of Faith (including salvation testimony)
Note: all submitted documents will not be returned.
We are accepting applications from interested candidates until the position is filled.
4. Salary and benefits:
• $1800/m (Negotiable based on qualifications and experience)
5. Church Information:
• West Presbyterian Church of America
• Address: 1880 W 220TH ST. Torrance, CA 90501
• Church Website: www.wpca.org
• Phone: 310-328-7020 (office),
310-755-9070 (Senior pastor)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org