Chesterbrook United Methodist Church is searching for a pastor to lead the elementary and tweens ministries.
- Part-Time Staff Position
- Education/Experience: Minimum ministry related college degree from an accredited Bible college or Christian university.
- Must have at least 3 years previous experience in serving or leading children’s ministry.
- Elementary and Tweens Ministry Pastor is responsible for the spiritual and administrative leadership of the elementary and tweens ministry (K-6th Grade) of the church. This involves the development and implementation of Gospel-centered systems and programs involving worship, Bible study, and missions that foster spiritual growth.
- This position is held accountable to United Methodist policy and doctrine as found in the United Methodist Book of Discipline, and determined by the Senior Pastor, Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC), Education Ministry Team (EMT), and Church Council.
- The Elementary and Tweens Ministry Pastor position is under the direct guidance and leadership of the Education Pastor.
- Attendance is expected at regular staff meetings and SPRC meetings. Attendance may be periodically requested at the Church Council meeting. There will be an annual review of job performance with the Senior Pastor, Education Pastor and SPRC.
- Preaching & Worship Services: Weekly preaching at separate lower elementary (K-3rd Grade) and tween’s (4th-6th Grade) worship service. Preaching to children during the monthly family worship service (every first Sunday of the month). Planning weekly worship services.
- Elementary and Tweens Ministry Bible Study/Sunday School: Recruiting volunteers/teachers and providing training (minimum quarterly). Weekly teacher’s devotional before worship.
- Administration: Work with Education Pastor and Education Ministry Team to plan and implement the vision of the children and tween ministries: long-term and short-term goals, annual calendar, curriculum, special events, etc. Develop and implement a system for families to practice faith together during the week. Hold Parent Conferences twice a year to update the parents of each ministry regarding the details of the Elementary and Tween ministry.
- Outreach: Develop and implement a system to reach out to current children and tweens and their families who are not regularly attending Sunday worship services. Work with the pastoral team and church leadership to develop programs that will invite and connect families, children and tweens to connect with the CUMC community and help transition them as members of the church.
- Special Events: Additional seasonal responsibilities include (but not limited to): Easter, Christmas, VBS, annual tweens/youth retreats, annual family retreat, annual 4th/5th grade retreat.
- Chesterbrook United Methodist Church is a United Methodist congregation located in McLean, VA. It was founded in 1906. Last year, the church went through a merger with Vision of Peace Church, the English Ministry Congregation of Korean UMC of Greater Washington. We are a church with a growing education ministry. We currently have 16 students in Lower Elementary (K-3rd Grade) and 17 students in Tweens (4th-6th Grade).
- This is a part-time position and salary is commensurate with experience.
How To Apply:
If you are interested, please send resume with cover letter to:
Wilson Kim, Chairman of Staff-Parish Relations Committee – firstname.lastname@example.org
Rev. Daniel Park, Senior Pastor – email@example.com
Pastor Isaiah Park, Education Pastor – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com